22 July, 2009

Josh Groban Goes Bad on Glee...

From www.Broadway.com

Grammy award nominee and chart-topping vocalist Josh Groban will appear alongside Broadway alums Matthew Morrison and Lea Michele on the new primetime series Glee this fall. The singer will play himself "with a twist" on an upcoming episode of the show, which will begin airing on FOX on September 16, 2009.

"I play myself but I'm definitely acting," Groban told the New York Daily News. "I had to play a real jerk version of myself, so it was a lot of fun. I had to serve one of the teachers a restraining order."

Glee centers on a Spanish teacher (Morrison) who's tapped to coach his high school's lackluster glee club, with Michele as the group's star singer. Glee will include popular chart-toppers and musical theater tunes performed onstage by the school choir. The pilot episode, which aired as a sneak peek on FOX on May 19, 2009, featured music including "Mister Cellophane" from Chicago, "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat" from Guys and Dolls and "On My Own" from Les Miserables, as well as songs by Journey, Amy Winehouse and Katy Perry.

Other stars confirmed for guest appearances on the new series include longtime Broadway alums Kristin Chenoweth and Victor Garber.

I've watched the pilot episode of Glee and loved it, so I can't wait to see Josh's episode...

Shared via AddThis


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Let me know what you think...