26 March, 2011

Josh's reaches out to Japan...

To my inspiring fans, friends and the great people of Japan,

I join the chorus of voices who have shared their grief over what has happened. Your country is one that I had dreamed of visiting since I was very young and through the music I have been lucky enough to share with you, and the ever growing group of friends and supporters I feel honored to call mine, it has been a place of truly wonderful moments that live forever in my heart. As I watch this place cope with the ongoing trials of this unfathomable tragedy, I can only show all the support I can from a painfully long way away. I write this to tell you I am thinking of you and sending so much love. I'm also writing this to pledge that I, along with so many other friends and colleagues, will do everything I can to spread the word about how to help so we can truly do all we can.

To end on a hopeful note, I just returned from Tokyo only one month ago. It was one of the most fun experiences I have had performing live and it was amazing to reconnect with all of you who have been there for my whole career. I promised then as I do now, that I will be back very soon. What is happening around Japan now to rebuild and reconnect as a nation only serves as an even greater calling to come back soon, not to mourn as we should now, but to celebrate the future and the wonderful connection music allows us to have with each other.

In my thoughts every day until we meet again,

Josh Groban

(Source)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Josh is also part of a all-star album that's been released to benefit the Japanese Red Cross. "Songs for Japan" is available worldwide on iTunes with all monies raised being directed to the Japanese Red Cross Society (JRCS) to support its disaster relief efforts.

The artists participating, the music labels and music publishers have all waived their royalties and proceeds from the worldwide sales of the album to ensure that the JRCS receives as much support as possible from this global initiative. In addition, iTunes will donate all proceeds from the album‚s worldwide sales to the benefit of the JRCS, and prominently feature the project throughout its stores worldwide.

Songs For Japan
  1. John Lennon - "Imagine"
  2. U2 - "Walk On"
  3. Bob Dylan - "Shelter From The Storm"
  4. Red Hot Chili Peppers - "Around The World"
  5. Lady Gaga - "Born This Way"
  6. Beyonce - "Irreplaceable"
  7. Bruno Mars - "Talking To The Moon"
  8. Katy Perry - "Firework"
  9. Rihanna - "Only Girl (In The World)"
  10. Justin Timberlake - "Like I Love You"
  11. Madonna - "Miles Away"
  12. David Guetta - "When Love Takes Over"
  13. Eminem - "Love The Way You Lie"
  14. Bruce Springsteen - "Human Touch"
  15. Josh Groban - "Awake (Live)"
  16. Keith Urban - "Better Life"
  17. Black Eyed Peas - "One Tribe"
  18. Pink - "Sober"
  19. Cee Lo Green - "It's Ok"
  20. Lady Antebellum - "I Run To You"
  21. Bon Jovi - "What Do You Got"
  22. Foo Fighters - "My Hero"
  23. REM - "Man On The Moon"
  24. Nicki Minaj - "Save Me"
  25. Sade - "By Your Side"
  26. Michael Buble - "Hold On"
  27. Justin Bieber - "Pray"
  28. Adele - "Make You Feel My Love"
  29. Enya - "If I Could Be Where You Are"
  30. Elton John - "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me"
  31. John Mayer - "Waiting On The World To Change"
  32. Queen - "Teo Torriate (Let Us Cling Together)"
  33. Kings Of Leon - "Use Somebody"
  34. Sting - "Fragile"
  35. Leona Lewis - "Better In Time"
  36. Ne-Yo- "One In A Million"
  37. Shakira - "Whenever Wherever"
  38. Norah Jones - "Sunrise"
(Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a thought? Let me know what you think...